Alex Donaldson is a professional guitarist with experience in every aspect of the music industry. Not only does he have a decorated resume, but his students have also gone on to accomplish great accolades within the music industry.
Alex earned a Bachelors degree in Guitar Performance from the Berklee College of Music. He graduated with honors, completing the program a year ahead of schedule with performances in the Advanced Guitar Ensemble.
Alex has extensive experience in sync licensing from a worldwide publishing deal he signed with London based A&G Songs; placing his music in MAZDA, COORS LIGHT, KIT KAT, RIMMEL LONDON commercials as well as dozens of television shows on MTV, CBS, ABC, Spike TV.
He has also released albums on Universal Music Group subsidiaries, toured the continental on LiveNation tours, while working with several Grammy award winning producers. Alex became a fully accredited college professor at the age of 25, teaching for the music industry college Groove U in Columbus, OH.
THE SUCCESS OF ALEX’S STUDENTS
Here is a list of his student’s accomplishments:
- My students have played in bands signed to EPIC records, JAY Zs ROCNATION, and Red Bull Records
- My student’s band won BEST TEEN BAND IN AMERICA at the 2011 NAMM show.
- My student plays guitar in the massively popular metal band BEARTOOTH
- I had a student tour the country in the SCHOOL OF ROCK All Star Band
- My students have received hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarship money to colleges like Berklee.
- In fact 50% of my students who audition for Berklee have received scholarships.
– Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA)
– Graduated with a Bachelors of Music in Guitar Performance (2007)
– Magna Cum Laude Honors (3.8 GPA)
– Completed the Degree a year ahead of schedule (3 years)
– Performances in the Advanced Guitar Ensemble
– Featured in GUITAR WORLD magazine, Gibson.com, Revolver, and Loudwire
– International Recording Artist
– Live Performances with Guns n’ Roses‘ guitarist
– Band is signed to Universal Music Group
– International publishing deal with London based company A&G Songs
– Winner of the Florida Music Festival 2010 Les Paul Contest
– Guitar Professor at Groove University
– 10 years of studio musician experience
– Registered BMI Inc. songwriter and performer
– PRS Guitars Product Demonstrator
– Live performances at SXSW, FMF, Vans Warped Tour
– Opening Act Support For: ALICE COOPER, WEEZER, 3OH3, ZAKK WYLDE, HEAVEN AND HELL (Sabbath minus Ozzy), DISTURBED, PARAMORE, THE PRETTY RECKLESS, SEVENDUST, DROPKICK MURPHYS, ADELITAS WAY
– Songs featured in the MTV original series BUCKWILD
– Songs featured in Coors light, Mazda, and KitKat commercials
– Songs featured in CBS Sports “Knockout Night At The D”
– Songs featured in CBS Sports “Championship Title Boxing”
– Songs featured in the ABC original series JANE BY DESIGN
– Songs featured in the MTV original series HARD TIMES OF RJ BERGER
– Songs featured in the movie “Angel’s Crest” (Starring Jeremy Piven and Kate Walsh)
– Songs featured in the CARTOON NETWORK
– Songs featured in the SPIKE TV show BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE
– Songs featured in 1979 REVOLUTION video game
– Finalist in SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD competition: “Indie Rock VS The World”
– Songs featured in the Merrell Shoes national commercial
– Song featured in the RIMMEL COSMETICS international commercial featuring Mick Jagger’s daughter